Monday, April 9, 2012

Not long enough weekend

We're back home, thankfully.  While my home is not the best place ever, it is our home and we are happy here.  My cats were very happy to see us, and even the dog is happy to be home.  Jackson was glad to see his diggers again :-)  I am glad to be back to sleeping in my own bed, there is something about that, even though my parent's have a lovely place for me to sleep it's just not my bed.  The drive back was busy, lots of traffic which was annoying, but we made it in pretty good time.  He really doesn't sleep like he used to though, maybe an hour in the car.  Makes for an interesting night, since when he doesn't nap enough he tends to not sleep as well.  We'll see how tonight goes.

The long weekend is over, and even with Thursday off as well I am still not pleased to be going back to work, I wish I had take another day.  Oh well.  I have a good job, though I work for the government and with recent budget announcements who knows what that will mean, I am pretty sure I'll be ok, and am not going to worry about it any way.  The recent budget does mean that I will be getting a "severance" buyout with the next contract negotiations, which should mean about $10k (before taxes).  Because I can put it directly into my RRSP, there won't be any taxes taken off, and then I can use that as part of the home buyers plan (up to $25k) but it has to sit in the RRSP for 90 days, I figure that gives me time to find a place?  I have been putting some money into the RRSP as well, but my savings account is sparse.  Hopefully that will improve over the next few months!

I had set a goal for a certain amount of money, and a certain weight, before I can try for number 2.  So far I am half way to the weight goal and not even close to the money number.  I guess I can only focus on one things at a time lol.  I have somewhat changed my mind about where I'll end up living, I had thought that Barr haven was the place to be, but with my office moving to the east end it will be a long frustrating commute.  So I am looking in the Russ ell area instead, it is about 20 minutes from the new office.  It is a little more french than I might prefer, but will be good for the kiddo in the long run, and there are some good schools out there.  Also the homes are on nice big lots, and are lovely bungalows, high ranches, and in the price range I am pretty sure I'll be looking for.  So plan is in place, money is hopefully going to be there, and voila! 

Now to get him to sleep through the night...

I was watching Bones tonight, she had her baby on the show, adorable little girl, and at 6 weeks is back to work. I cannot imagine having to do that!  That makes me even more grateful I am in Canada and had a whole year. I am aware not everyone here is able to take the whole year, if you don't get a top up it would certainly be a struggle, but even that year didn't feel long enough to me.  Kids change so much in that first year, first two years, even now really.  It's like he goes to bed and wakes up a new little man!    I do love him so much. 

No comments: