Saturday, April 7, 2012

Twas the Night Before Easter

We are enjoying a nice long weekend at my parent's place.  So far it's going pretty well, there have been a couple meltdowns, and of course my parent's keep trying to force him to eat all his dinner.  My philosophy on eating has, from the beginning, been that he should eat when he is hungry, what he wants (from what I offer) and until he is done.  There are times when he hardly eats anything, and other times when he eats a lot.  I don't stress too much over it but my parent's certainly do.  They also throw out threats "if you don't eat you have to go to bed".  I wish they wouldn't do that of course, but what can I do?  I trust that he knows I'm the one he needs to listen to, it does make me worry about him spending time here with them in the summer when he's older.  We'll see what happens then. 

Tomorrow morning there will be some hidden Easter eggs to find, I brought what I thought was a reasonable amount of eggs, and chocolates to fill them, but of course my parent's bought a bunch more.  There is going to be way too much junk around.  I do believe he'll have fun finding all the eggs though.  Except he has a bit of a problem seeing things, you can be pointing at something and he'll just not see it.  Kind of funny, I'm not sure if it's a male thing, or because he's 2. 

Any way.  We are having a pretty good visit, he is a lot of fun and is enjoying the time with Nanny and Poppy.  I do miss my own bed, and my own home, and my stuff.  I'm sure my cats miss me too.  It is a good long weekend, but it will be nice to get back to normal too. 

No comments: