Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Still sick baby

Well kiddo still has the flu.  We've been home a few days now and he's sleeping a lot.  When I can convince him to sleep that is.  Sometimes he wakes up and wants to go downstairs (to watch Mighty Machines), and sometimes he just doesn't want to sleep any more.  He's been vomiting fairly often, but not massive amounts, he is drinking, juice and water mostly with occasional milk in a bottle.  He hasn't eaten a whole lot but has had toast, half an orange and some apple sauce. Problem now is I need to get to the store to get more bread for toast, juice and I thought maybe some gingerale.  He refuses to take any more medicine, I can't really blame him, every time I convince him to try it he throws up.  Poor little guy.

I'm sure it's "just" the flu, I had a stomach virus on Sunday that was horrible and now he has the same thing.  Because he is so little, and relatively new, with a new immune system, he isn't able to fight it off as well. He is doing really well though, even when I insist he goes back to bed.  I think it's harder on mommy to be honest.

Of course last night I got him to take some Advil at 8 pm (he slept from 11 to 6pm yesterday so was up a bit past his normal bedtime).  This of course broke the fever for a bit and left him feeling fine... and not wanting to sleep.  It was after 9 before he finally fell asleep.  But that's ok.  He wanted to get up at 4 this morning but I convinced him it was too early, and yes 6 was too early too... so at 8 he was up, and he sat in my chair watching his shows, then on my lap, then at 10 I took him back to bed.

Times like this I am very glad to have laundry here.  If I had to do that at a laundry mat or something I'd be in serious trouble, I've been doing many loads as he isn't very good about aiming for the bucket.  I don't mind too much, I guess you just deal with it?  Gross but has to be cleaned up and dealt with.

I am hoping he's better tomorrow but will probably keep him home then as well, I figure I want about 24 hours between the last episode of vomiting and going to daycare, and so far that would mean Friday morning.  I really wish the twin sized bed was here so I could lie down with him, the toddler bed is just too small!  Ah well, maybe it'll be delivered soon, while we're off sick. 

No comments: