Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day at the New Daycare

Today went really well, for Jackson. I was worried the whole day that he would be upset or put off by the change but when I picked him up I was told not to come so early next time and he was having a lot of fun.  He was the first kid to get dropped off, I thought there would be other kids there that early but I guess not. Oh well!  He likes to be first so that's ok.  The next kid to arrive was a grade 4 kid? Somewhere around there, a boy, named Jack.  Who Jackson now tells me is his only friend.  Uh huh.  He just doesn't remember anyone else's name.  Though there was a kid in a white shirt.

He didn't eat the snack I sent, which is fine, they haven't started the kindergarten side of things yet so I get it. He at his sandwich, fruit and animal crackers.  He didn't eat his tomatoes and when I asked him why he said it was because no one else had them.  Strange.  He must have eaten the provided snacks because he wasn't starving when I got him home.  He asked for a grilled cheese tomorrow, so that's all done up and in the fridge.  Yeah it'll be a cold one!  With some mango and a snacky treat of some sort.  I'm sure he'll be ok with that.  And I will come home after work, walk the dog and then go get him.  I want him to have fun and enjoy it, and to make new friends, so I'll give him some time to do that.

All in all, it went well and I am happy with the decision to move him, quick as it was.  Now I just need work to sort itself out.  I got a new team due to some team shuffling, this was at the beginning of the summer.  All summer I have been talking to my new team, asking what's going on, what needs doing, who needs help, etc.  But am constantly told "nothing" and so it goes.  Well, tragedy struck and the husband of one of my team passed away suddenly.  No one is sure when she'll return to work, and I have to pick up the work. With no idea what she was doing. I truly feel bad for her, she has 3 boys at home, youngest I think is starting grade 9 or so.  She's originally from another town and they were visiting there for the long weekend when it all happened, so that adds to the drama of it.  Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what's going on and pick up the slack.  I'm sure my boss, who was off all summer for medical reasons, thinks I'm useless.  Talk about added stress!  I think the after work walks with be a big help for me.

Tomorrow is another day, and lunches are ready, clothes are picked out, and everything is all set.  Except taking the garbage out tonight.  I should really go do that!

No comments: