Thursday, September 12, 2013

Staggered Start, finally the first day!

Jackson had his first actual school day today.  I dropped him off at daycare as usual, and they took him over to the classroom around 9:10 am and he spent the morning there. They read the Kissing Hand, and did a little hand print art thing.  I have no idea what else they did as Jackson was rather upset it was only half a day and he wanted to spend more time there. I guess that is a good thing!  But it was a little anti climatic for him I guess.  He was very tired, this whole change has been quite draining on him, tonight he went up to bed at 7, after a mild tantrum due to being over tired. He did fall asleep very fast.  I think he`s got a bit of a cold too, which is not a good thing!  My parents are coming to visit this weekend, and we have the first indoor soccer day on Saturday. It`s going to be busy, and I just have to hope he gets enough sleep. I am sure in another few weeks we`ll be all sorted out and back on track.

Lunches are actually going well. He is eating what I send, and hasn`t complained, yet!  Tomorrow is tricky, it was pouring rain so no lunch meat for a sandwich. I could make him tuna but he already had it once this week and I don`t like to serve it too often.  Probably going to be a crackers and cheese meal. I am glad he likes his fruit and veggies.  The funny thing is some parent`s on facebook are complaining about having to get pizza lunches for their kids at school, every week!  At least with the half days I don`t have that issue.  So far any way. I hope not at all, I don`t know if I could really say no. Though he`s not that fond of pizza in most cases any way. He does like his sandwiches, and fruits.  I have been told not to send cookies, this was my son telling me!  It was pretty funny.  So not more cookies at school, though he sure asks for them at home!

I am sure it`s the being tired, but he sure has gotten some attitude! He says and does things now that he didn`t used to, I`m sure it`s needing more sleep, but it makes me wonder.  Is this my little boy who was all smiles and just learning how to walk!  He is so grown up.  It makes me a little bit sad.

First day of school. He didn`t want to be smiling in the picture

No comments: