Monday, September 2, 2013

School starts in the morning!

Well sort of.  Tomorrow is Jackson's first day at the daycare in the school, but we don't meet the teacher until Friday, and he doesn't do his first day until the following week, after which he will start in the classroom.  But it is still a big change for us, the new routine, me making lunches! and the new location.  He is nervous, he says he doesn't want to go, the excitement has worn off I guess, but he will be fine. He is pretty good at making friends, and knows the daycare/school rules (such as we share everything! for any Robert Munsch fans), he is good about sharing and taking turns.  His hitting has greatly decreased, and seems to only pop up when he is overly tired, hungry or really stressed.  So tomorrow should be fun.

We had a great long weekend at my parent's.  Last trip until Thanksgiving in October.  I think Jackson was ready to come home because he is a little worried about school starting.  He certainly got up very early everyday we were there, and is quite tired now. We'll try and have an early night, with a bath to get him clean for his first day.  Is it wrong that I don't have a fancy back to school outfit planned or picked out?  We have the backpack, and a lunch box.  I made a lunch, and a snack.  Of course I don't think it fits very well in the lunch box, and we may need a better one of those!

For lunch I made a sandwich, some pineapple, tomatoes from our garden and a pack of animal crackers.  Snack is some rice crackers, beef jerky and some craisins.  All dried stuff!  We get our produce box on Wednesday so it'll be easier to do fruit then.  I didn't get to pick anything up this weekend because we were out of town.  I am very glad he doesn't need any school supplies yet, though that may change over the week, who knows!  I hope not though.  Oh, milk and water are provided on the daycare side, where he'll be spending the whole day tomorrow.  But I do have a water bottle for him and will send it.  And of course there will be ice packs in with the lunch.  Though most of it is not really going to go bad.

I think I am more nervous that Jackson is. This will be a big change, and even the route I take to work, and my schedule are going to change.  I am hoping that I will be able to work 7:30 to 3:30 and get home around 4, then be able to take the dog for a walk/run. Though this means Jackson will be in care from 7 until 4:40 or so, which is an hour longer than the old place.  I feel a little guilty over that, but I know that the dog is in serious need of exercise and training.   It could change once it gets colder any way :-)  I am not good in the cold and snow!

To get ready for school we've been reading The Kissing Hand, which is a great little book.  I am not sure if it will help or not, but I am hopeful that when he misses me he will remember it.  I highly recommend it for any kids going off to any care situation.

No comments: