Friday, September 6, 2013

One week down...

Well the first week is done!  The next two are going to be difficult.  Today we finally got to meet the teacher.  Jackson liked the classroom and the teacher, he had a lot of fun building a train track.  But then it was over and time for daycare and he was rather put out that he didn't get to finish building the train, and didn't get to stay at school!  He wants to go badly, and has to wait until Thursday for his day (morning really), then not start daily until the following Tuesday!  Add in the fact it's immersion so he'll spend one week in the English classroom with that teacher, then switch to the French for the following week, in another classroom with another teacher. It's going to take awhile to get him used to it.  As shown today, he doesn't handle disruption to his schedule very well.  He was out of sorts all day, the one teacher mentioned it to me on pick up. He didn't nap, didn't eat most of his lunch, and was just generally cranky.  Leading to a full blown hitting/biting/screaming fit when I mentioned it was bedtime because someone was tired.  Yeah, he hasn't done that in ages!  Way over tired.  Hopefully he sleeps well tonight, and in tomorrow morning (ha ha ha).

I am also exhausted!  It's been a long week, for a short week.  The first day I picked him up, he complained he didn't get to play outside, so the second day I went home and walked the dog first.  I was still too early. Apparently the dog and I are going to be getting a lot of walking in, and dinner will be later than it was before, since we actually get home closer to 5 than 4:30 like we used to!  Crazy. I feel bad leaving him in care for the extra time but he doesn't seem to care and enjoys it. Today may have been too much for him, he was very tired, but I didn't know that until I picked him up.

So yes, daycare/school is going well so far. I am glad of that, and look forward to getting a good routine and some stability.  The exercise is nice, and is helping the dog quite a bit too!

Ok - off topic but I'm watching House Hunters while I write this... these people are looking at HUGE homes for $200k or so. Here that would buy you a one bedroom condo if you are lucky.  Nuts.  I preferred the one before this though, the international one, they were buying a house in Tahiti.  Yeah I'd live there!  I really need to win the lottery ;-)  

No comments: