Tuesday, March 22, 2011

When mama is sick

I'm sick, I think it's the flu or something.  All I really know is I have a fever and feel like crap.  And taking care of a toddler is really hard when you feel like crap.  But mama does it any way, cause that's what mama's do!  Daycare is closed because the provider is sick, so baby was home all day with me.  And of course he had a short nap, which means I only got a short nap.  But we survived!

It started yesterday after taking Jackson to the clinic and getting him some antibiotics.  While waiting for his prescription to be filled I started to feel a bit achy and icky myself.  So getting home I took some tylenol and as soon as he was asleep, I went to bed too.  I felt better and he was back to himself, even eating!  And running around :-)  He is so active and all over the place when he's feeling good. 

Last night was brutal, I took whatever I could to get rid of the fever and tried to sleep, but he was restless so I woke up every 30 minutes or so, listening.  And at 6am he woke up crying, I was bad and gave him a bottle and left him in bed.  He went back to sleep and got up at 8.  The extra sleep was nice, but I was still not feeling great when we got up.  Carrying him up and down the stairs, trying to find something for him to eat, it was all rather painful.  I actually laid on the couch and put his movie on for him.  He is such a good boy, he brought me books to read to him and sat on the couch with me. 

And then it was nap time.  I should have done dishes, or vacuumed or something, but I had a nap too.  And felt better for it.  Looks like daycare is closed again tomorrow, so I have another day of me being sick and home with the baby.  And missing more work.  Hopefully I feel better than I did today, but I'm doubtful. 

I will say that it is possibile to be sick and still be able to take care of a little one.  It's hard, don't get me wrong, but it is possible.  It gives me hope for when I have another one, because I was quite sick with the first pregnancy, and expect that will happen again, so it will be possible to take care of Jackson while pregnant and sick.  

No comments: