Monday, March 28, 2011

Why I can't watch TV

I used to watch TV all the time, all kinds of shows, sad shows, scary shows, funny shows.  But now, since having Jackson, I can only watch the happy shows.  If there is a kid in it, I really can't watch.  I used to love Private Practise.  But I can't watch that at all now.  Ever.  Even Grey's Anatomy has me in tears.  The only things I watch now are comedies, and my sci fi shows lol.  Everything else makes me cry.

I just finished watching the end of an episode of House.  I saw the preview and it was about a sick baby, so I didn't plan to watch at all.  But there was nothing else on so I flipped over.  The mom basically gave her baby skin cancer while in utero and baby was dying.  The end result was that mom could save the baby by waiting 9 days for treatment for her cancer, or have the baby go through chemo.  Mom did exactly what I would do, save my baby!  No matter the cost to me.  All in all it was sad. 

Now I'm watching Income Property, which is much happier lol, a couple buys a house and wants to renovate their basement so they can have a rental suite in the basement.  Much better.  No babies, no one is sick, no one is dying.  Nothing bad happens.  This is the type of show I watch now. 

Since having my son I cry over things that didn't used to bother me.  Reading the news, watching the news, I can't do that any more.  I live in a little bubble of not wanting to think about bad stuff happening to anyone.  Don't get me wrong, I've always been an "emotional" person, able to cry at the drop of a hat.  I get upset, I cry.  I get angry, I cry.  I'm really happy, I cry.  But I notice now that it's changed, I am somewhat able to handle my own emotions now, though I do still cry, I try not to do it in front of the baby.  I have had my moments of course, when he had colic really bad and all I wanted was some sleep, I cried then.  But it is much less than it used to be.

TV though, that gets me every time.  Heck I cried during a cooking show where people lost challenges and had to go home... yeah.  So this is why I can't watch tv any more. 

1 comment:

DannieA said...

can I just say "Thank you". I thought I was the only fool on the planet that blubbered like a baby.