Thursday, June 9, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

I'm anxious for the weekend to arrive.  My daycare is closed next week so I am off for the whole week.  It'll be the longest stretch of time I've spent with Jackson since I went back to work, and I'm really looking forward to it.  I do kind of wish it was later in the summer so we could go to the beach, but I'm sure we'll manage to have some fun!  Hopefully I'm able to handle it, I'm out of practise! 

My plans aren't huge, we will do some shopping because mama needs some summer work clothes!  The last summer I worked I was pregnant, and while I'd love to wear my maternity shorts and capris to work, I'm sure there'd be some talk :-)  So shopping we will go!  It's actually good timing too, because I live in Ontario and will be getting $335 from the Ontario government on Friday because of the stupid HST.  We might go to a mall and have lunch there too, we'll see.

I plan on taking him to Valleyview Farm, which has a train ride and a petting zoo area with baby animals, as well as a big play structure park area.  I'm sure we'll have fun, and he's free this year because he's under two, so we just have to pay for me.  We've gone once but I didn't really let him run around, and this time I think I'll have him walk instead of taking the stroller.  Could be a mistake, we'll see!

His 18 month appointment is Wednesday, and he gets his last shots for awhile, so that day will likely be a write off, hopefully we'll be able to go to the park in the afternoon, but I expect he'll be tired after the shots, and ready for an early nap. 

Then Thursday we're going down to visit my parents for a few days, I think we'll come home Sunday, which happens to be Father's Day as well.  Hopefully we both have fun, I know I'll be ready to get back to my own home by the end of the trip, and my poor cats will miss us of course.  But I want him to spend time with his grandparents, and I know they want to see him.  Plus it's nice to get a little spoiled down there, I don't have to cook or do dishes, they help play with him, entertain him, even walk my dog!  So it's nice :-)  I'm hoping we can all go out for breakfast but we'll see. 

So all in all, it'll be a nice week and I'm hoping we can work on some sleep issues while we're at it, maybe sort out bed time and wake up time, naps and all that... not too much to ask for a week is it?  I'll probably take some more time off in the summer so we can go to the beach, my parent's live near Sandbanks Provincial Park, which is an amazing beach, and I'm sure he'd have a lot of fun there. 

I have one more day of work to get through though... and that's going to make it a long day of work.  Especially since my usual coffee partner is off. 

I have to say, having this time off is making me look forward more and more to the time when he's older and we get to spend summer's together.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to take the whole summer off work, there is a program called leave with income averaging, so I can take the summer off, with no pay, but the lack of pay gets averaged over the year.  Since I expect to have two kids by then, it'll be worth it to not have to pay for daycare or day camps for two months.  Plus, I get to spend the time with my baby!  And I'm sure we'll have lots of fun.  One of the perks of working for the government, particularly in my area. 

No comments: