Sunday, June 19, 2011

One more day

So far this holiday has been going pretty well.  I am enjoying being home with my baby, who is such a little man!  We went to visit my parents for a few days and he had a lot of fun.  Apparently he's really smart too.  He was playing with my dad, they were stacking some coasters he had dumped on the floor and my dad said "one" and Jackson proceeded to say "two, three, four, five, six" which is how many coasters there were, and said this without any prompting beyond the "one" to start.  At some point in his 18 months he's learned how to count... that's good right? 

We had his check up Wednesday, and the last shots for awhile.  He is a whopping 28.6 pounds and 35.4 inches tall.  That's 75 percentile for weight and off the charts in height... He's a big boy!  And healthy, talking up a storm, doing all the things he's supposed to be doing at 18 months.  Right now he has a big bump on his head from a bad fall at my parent's, and a big rash on his face from either sunscreen or tomatoes... hopefully that clear up by tomorrow! 

It was a nice vacation at my parent's, my mom got up at night with him, so I got to sleep straight through, which of course I didn't.  When you have been getting up at least once a night for close to two years it's a hard habit to change lol.  We got to spend some time in their backyard, with a little kiddy pool, Jackson loved that.  He ran around saying "wader!" and splashing, it was quite cute.  We are hopefully going back for the long weekend in about two weeks, and will hopefully get to the beach then!

Overall I've been enjoying this time with my little boy.  We have one more day before I go back to work and he goes back to daycare.  Other than getting some milk, and maybe some fruit, there's no real plans.  Probably a trip to the park, a walk, and hopefully a good nap!  The problem with 3 hours drives are he usually doesn't sleep the whole time any more, and when he wakes up he's unhappy to be still in his seat, and then of course doesn't have a nap when we get home either. 

1 comment:

DannieA said...

so much fun! Glad you got to see your folks. Wow your little man is off the charts :) Makes mine look really petite....33 in. for height yet only 22 lbs...so in the 60th % for height, way down on the chart for weight LOL....I love how our babies are such individuals. And as a speech therapist, I approve of your little man's language :D Glad you've had a great few days :D