Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Work work work

I'm back at work after my too short holiday.  The baby is finally starting to look less beat up, he had a few bumps and bruises from our stay with my parents, and a bad rash on his face.  I assume the rash is from sunscreen but can't be sure.  It's finally clearing up though his skin is now a bit scaly and rough, at least he's not as itchy.  The first night home was rough, he was up for awhile scratching at his face.  We stopped at the pharmacy and the pharmacist was a big help.  I often ask them questions instead of going to the doctor as they are familiar with the medications and what can be used for kids.  They will also often mix things up for you, one made a mixture for Jackson's eczema last summer when it was really bad on his back and it was quite helpful. 

Work is work, I go and do it because I need to make money, and I have a great pension plan, plus other benefits.  I wouldn't say I love it, but it pays the bills and keeps a roof over my head.  Hopefully it will pay for another baby, and now a wedding trip.  My friend is getting married next April some place South and warm, apparently I'm being invited which was a bit of a surprise to me.  And I'd really like to go.  But it's going to cost money that I was setting aside for baby 2, and mean leaving Jackson (and the dog) with my parents for a week.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Though I know he'd be fine, I think I would really miss him. 

I was realizing I haven't really been apart from him since he was born.  I've had a few hours off here and there, and being back to work I drop him off at 7am and pick him up at 4:30.  I've left him for a few hours with my mom or my sister, but I don't go out in the evening and I'm always the one to put him to bed at night.  I don't really regret that at all, I know when he's older I can look for a babysitter so I can go out for dinner or what have you, but right now, I enjoy the evening time with him (most of the time lol) and don't really trust anyone with him beyond my family.  My nieces are both of babysitting age, the younger one has just started babysitting, so that will be an option, perhaps this summer I can get her to watch him, and have her stay overnight maybe. 

I'm trying to plan when I can take a bit more time off, I don't want to use up all my holidays because I will need some time off around Christmas when daycare is closed, but I do want a few days to go to the beach, and have a bit of fun.  I am off for a long weekend July 1 to 4th, so that will be quite nice, we'll go down to my parents again I'm sure, they have central air conditioning, and are close to the beaches :-) 

I think it's time for an early night, it's raining and I'm tired.  One thing I've learned being a mom, sleep when you can! 

No comments: