Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lovely weekend

Jackson and I had a lovely weekend, we went to the store yesterday and it was a good trip.  We got some good stuff, and stopped for McDonald's breakfast on the way home.  He gobbled it up!  He does love those breakfast burritos lol, and hash browns.  I'm sure McDonald's is very bad for us, but we usually get the breakfast which I think is better than the rest, and he does love it.  We had a good rest of the day, though the weather was a bit crappy.  We went out for a walk and ended up getting rained on.  It was funny because Jackson can say rain, water and wet now so I got the play by play on the way home :-)  And even once we got home he ran to the back door to watch the rain. 

Today was pretty good as well.  We went to the bookstore because someone was rather cranky and I've no idea why.  He ate a huge breakfast, and later a big lunch and amazing dinner.  Even had a big snack before bed.  I think he's going to grow again :-)  He was pretty good at the bookstore, though it was kind of exhausting for me since he loves books and was trying to grab them all off the shelves.  I got him 4 new books, they were buy 3 get one free and from the bargain section.  He loves the one about trucks and tractors. 

And tomorrow it's back to work, back to daycare.  But only for 4 days!  July 1st is a holiday here, and I have July 4th off as well, so we'll be off to my parents, and hopefully the beach.  I picked up a Puddlejumper for the beach and swimming, it was on sale and a good deal.  I've heard great things about them, and look forward to trying it out.  It should fit next year as well, it goes up to 50 pounds, so it'll be good to get some use out of it.

On another note, I've been worrying more and more about my fertility and need to figure that out.  I have been trying to wait, and work on losing some weight, saving some money, before moving forward.  But I'm thinking I need to maybe get checked out to see what I'm looking at.  I don't know if a thermometer might help me at least see if I can tell when I'm ovulating and all that.  It seems that my cycle is shorter, and varies wildly from month to month.  I had hoped to wait until the end of summer before trying to do anything, or investigating.  I might not have that time.  I do know that I am so blessed to already have my son, and if it turns out I'm too late, well I have a great kid already so it's not the end of the world I know, but I also feel incomplete as a family.  I'm 36, that shouldn't be too late. 

Another issue now is that a friend is getting married down south in the spring, and apparently I am being invited.  So that's $1500 I need by fall to book my spot, and then worry about what to do with the dog and the baby while I'm gone for a week.  And that's $1500 I could use for a month or two of IUI's.  I don't want to stop my life but I don't know what is best.  It's a hard decision, I'd really love to go but am not sure it's best for my life.  I could wait a few years, and take my family some place with a beach when they are old enough.  But I have never gone to an all-inclusive.  And it would be fun. 

No comments: