Monday, June 6, 2011

Trying to exercise

You would think that after almost two years of little sleep (my boy is not the best sleeper, he rarely sleeps straight through the night, and I had a hard time sleeping my last trimester) I'd be able to either manage on this amount of sleep, or be able to fall asleep easily.  But no.  I have hard time falling asleep every night, even though I'm tired.  It's going to be worse in the summer, when it's hot.  Which is starting now.  And then you'd think that since Jackson wakes up around 5 some days, and goes back to sleep with a bottle, that I'd be able to get up then and do my workout.  But no. 

One of my goals before trying for number 2 is to lose 20 pounds.  Technically I need to lose more than that but that is probably about what I need to be healthy, I think, and to feel better, and what I can lose in the time I've given myself.  I have noticed, when I do manage to workout, that it is easier than I remember, the workouts, especially cardio, don't seem to be as hard as I thought.  I'm sure it's from chasing a toddler around, getting up and down from the floor, running up and down stairs carrying a 28 pound baby/toddler, and all the walking we've been doing.  But it's not enough.

I know that diet is 80% of weight loss, and I'm trying to do better.  It is easier with having Jackson, I eat better because I want him to eat better, and he does love his veggies and fruit.  But then he goes to bed.  And I sit.  And eat.  Tonight I made a 4 minute microwave cake.  I only ate half of it, but still!  Not exactly healthy!!  I should have had an apple.  Or even the 100 calorie chocolate pretzel pack in the cupboard.  But no, I make a cake!!  It was pretty good though. 

I've been trying to get up to workout early, but haven't managed to do it yet.  Then I try and workout when I get home from work, before I go get Jackson, but I haven't done that very much either.  I am still getting us all out for a walk after dinner, but it's right after dinner so it's not really a power walk or anything.  I guess it's better than nothing.  But I have this flabby stuff left over from when there was a baby in there, and it's not pretty!  I admit, I was pretty flabby before too :-)  But this is flabby in a new way. 

I want to be healthy, I want to show Jackson that we can be active, and eat well.  We can live healthy lives and live a long time, enjoying lots of things in life.  Why does it have to be so hard?  I know new habits are hard, it's all hard, but it should all be doable.  I need to buy more fruits and veggies, and then actually cook and eat them lol.  I need to make a meal plan, and stick to it!  Shop only for what we need, stop making microwave cakes :-)  Take my lunch to work, stop buying coffee everyday.  I pretty much need to do these things or I won't be able to lose those 20 pounds, or save the money I need to try and get pregnant again.  Who knows how many tries it'll take! 

If anyone knows an easy, here eat this kind of plan, please let me know!  I keep finding them but they are hard to adapt to a toddler.  I've seen low carb, or low carb afternoon diets, but my baby needs potatoes and pasta to grow well.  I've seen low fat, but he needs fat too.  And I've done vegan/vegetarian before, and didn't lose weight on it.  We still do vegetarian meals a couple times a week, to save money, but I can't see doing that daily.  I think I need to be told what to eat when, or I get distracted by pizza and burgers :-) 

Alrighty then.  Time for bed.  Actually late for bed, but diapers are washed and ready to hang, and baby sounds restless so it might be warm up there... here's to a good night's sleep!

No comments: