Sunday, October 7, 2012

Planning for the future

We are at my parent's for Thanksgiving, so far Jackson is having a lot of fun, and hasn't had a nap.  He's eating well, really well... which means he's going to grow again I guess.  We went to a buffet for Thanksgiving lunch, and Jackson ate a lot of sausage, and dessert.  Then we went and picked apples, he ate two on the way home.  And one when we got home.  He wanted more and I said no, how mean right?  But I was worried he'd get a sore tummy from so much fiber! 

I talked to my mom and dad about my idea to rent a nicer/bigger/better place, and they seemed supportive.  At least they didn't tell me I'm an idiot lol.  My mom thinks it's a good idea if I can get a single family home as it will be brighter, my main floor now only has the patio doors as windows, the upstairs is brighter but we aren't up there that much.  I've been really looking at what I can get for what I can afford and there are some really nice places out there.  So my plan is to move for May.  When I file my taxes I should be getting back a big refund, some time late February or early March, which I can use as the first/last, and movers I can always put on the credit card if I haven't got enough saved up.  Keeping in mind I won't have to pay the first month at the new place and last where I am.  And May is a good time to move, not yet too hot (hopefully), and the snow all gone.  It also gives me a good amount of time to save, and to clean/purge.  I'll be putting quite a few things up on kijiji over the next month or so, hopefully I can sell a lot of stuff.  But whatever I can't sell I will otherwise get rid of, give away if I have to. 

Because I expect the move will mean not buying for at least 3 to 5 years, I should be able to try for two next fall, instead of this year, which means Jackson will be 5 but I think that's still ok.  It gives me more time to save in my RRSP, and time to save for IUI etc.  The better rental will also be better for another baby, and newer, nicer to boot.  I'm actually pretty excited, and while I wish that I could do it NOW, of course I need to wait. 

And I plan on getting at least one kitten. I will be going to the cat show in about a month and hope to see in person the breeds I'm looking for, being able to talk to the breeders and get to know the cats better.  I would like to get Snickers down a few pounds first, he is very overweight, and if I could get him down 3 or 4 pounds before getting a kitten, I think the kitten then would be good exercise for him.  I may get two cats, but I'm not sure on that yet.  I'm leaning to getting a Tonk & Aby.  Perhaps at Christmas time, but it may not be until we move into the new house. 

So I have my plans for saving, my budget in place, that I have to stick to!! And if all goes well I think I will be quite comfortable and happy.  I may even host an SMC get together once we get settled in a new place. 

I bought some test strips, for FSH and for ovulation, I plan to use them this cycle just to see if I can get an idea of where I'm at, before going to my doctor to see if he'll run the tests. Since I don't really want to try for a year, well since I can't afford to try for another year, it makes sense to get a feel for where I'm at, and if I do in fact have time to wait.  I know if things are not in my favour, I will be happy with one.  But I think if I don't at least find out my status and if I can do this again, that I will regret that.  So this is step one, a quick pee test, and then we'll see from there.  Fingers crossed I still have some time.

No comments: