Monday, October 8, 2012

The grumpies

This weekend was quite nice at my parent's.  Jackson was generally a very good boy and listened pretty well, had fun, no naps (which sucks) and ate well.  We went apple picking yesterday after brunch and he ate 3 apples.  Two on the way home from picking and one when we got back.  He had a slight fit when I said no more... I figured that was enough fiber for his little tummy.

Then there was today.  Today we drove home from my parent's.  And Jackson was up before 6, crying and cranky and refusing to go back to sleep.  So I should be going to bed now myself, I'm very tired.  It meant he was very cranky all day, but did have a great sleep in the car on the way home, he slept almost the full drive.  Then we went to my sister's for a Thanksgiving feast.  It was a great dinner and Jackson really enjoyed seeing his cousins.  But then it was time to leave and there was a minor tantrum, which didn't come close to matching the "it's time for bed" tantrum.  He finally went to bed, and is asleep, but it was a trying evening. 

I hate that I have to go back to work tomorrow.  I just really don't want to. I don't hate what I do, I just feel like I need a big break. I know Christmas will be good, I'm off for over 10 days in a row which will be great.  I could really use some time off to clean the house!  and get rid of stuff.  So much stuff.  Since I plan to move I really need to get rid of things so we don't have to move them.  I need to sort through all of Jackson's old clothes and toys, and that's hard to do. It feels like I'm giving away part of my memories, which is of course silly but it makes it hard.

And on the cat front, Mea seems to be doing better.  She was of course very happy to see us but has been out quite a bit since we got home, she even went up to eat her dry food and is barely limping.  She's managing the stairs a bit better, but still can't jump up on things, and has not gained any weight.  She is so thin it's sad.  So now I'm not sure what to do, I was quite certain that I'd be saying good bye to her very soon, but now I don't know.  I guess I will be doing a little more wait and see.  But I still want a kitten. I think part of that is because it's a baby replacement... I did that with a puppy and a kitten before.  Can't have a baby?  get another pet. 

No comments: