Monday, October 29, 2012

I got the job

I got the job today, so I got the promotion permanently, and get to stay in the building I currently work in, rather than having to move.  It is a good thing, and scares me greatly.  I know the people I've been working with, and what is expected of me so this will be a big change. I know I can do it, and the security is great.  It means a bigger payout when our contracts are renegotiated as well, which is awesome!  And it means I can look for a house to rent in the neighbourhood I want, and that is near my sister.  I'm really excited and like I said, scared.  My current manager is not too happy, I'm not sure what he's going to do, I guess we'll see.  Hopefully he doesn't try to stop me from going, or cause any problems.  I hope I will love the new job but realistically I am expecting it to be a year long commitment, more if it goes well.

Mea is still hanging in there, I need to call the vet to have her checked again, with the weight she is still losing I am pretty sure she must have cancer.  It's the only thing I can think of that would be sucking the weight off her, which she's still eating quite a bit.

Jackson is still a handful, but as the antibiotics are working he is happier, which makes life happier.  Though he did have a fit at the store yesterday, trying to bite my hands as I pushed the cart, yelling, crying, hitting me... fun times!  All because I wouldn't buy him a new toy. Sigh.

I have a plan to declutter and get rid of things, but no idea when I'll be able to follow through.  I need to of course, it's important.  If I plan to move I cannot pack and move all the crap I have.  I read about the 100 item challenge, where people end up keeping only 100 items per person, but I can't go that extreme, maybe 1000 items lol.  I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of, and at this point I'd rather just give it away than try to sell it all.  But a couple things are big so I couldn't carry them out myself, so I'll have to put an ad and see if anyone bites. 

So I have a new job, a plan to move, and get rid of stuff.  Things seem to be falling into place.  Phew!  Now to stick to it all, including the budget so I can actually move and get some new furniture in the process. 

No comments: