Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Work decisions & Ear Infections

Jackson woke up crying this morning that his ear hurts.  Again or still, not sure.  But I decided I'd take him to the doctor just in case.  We got there very early, first in line, so were fairly quick to be seen.  The doctor said he has a bit of an infection and prescribed antibiotics.  Alright.  So we got them and then I took him to daycare and went to work.  I was late, obviously, and missed my French classes, which are not going so well any way.  He went to daycare and had a fun day from all accounts.  They have managed to already lose his red mittens which kind of pisses me off since they are labelled and he had them there ONE day.  But ok, maybe they are around somewhere and will turn up. I hope. We have two other pairs but they are warmer and these were for fall weather, and the car.  Any way.  He's been having a better time since the biting incident, and hopefully he feels better soon.

I got a call from a manager in another Branch, asking me to come to a meet and greet.  It's for a permanent offer at my acting level, so I would love it.  Plus it will be at the location I currently work when the dust settles and the Branch I'm with now moves to a new building, further from home and daycare.  I know that my current manager has plans, and is planning to make me a permanent offer once the pool is established for my Branch, but I cannot turn down a perm placement, it would be foolish I think to turn something down for something that is probably going to happen.  You never can tell after all.  I did talk to my old manager about it, because I value his opinion.  He is the one who told me before to turn down a lateral move because I wouldn't like it.  Whether that was the right move in the end, who knows, but at this point I'm in a position to make better money, have more responsibility, and be in a team leader type position.  That all sounds great to me.  So Friday I go meet and greet the other manager and see where it goes.  He also suggested I draw it out as log as possible to give my Branch time to make an offer, we'll see if I have that choice. 

I should be in bed, I've been very tired and have done something to my lower back/hip area.  I took something for it, hopefully it lets me sleep.  Hopefully Jackson sleeps as well. 

On the cat front I am in the process of switching my kitties to more canned/raw food, less dry.  Snickers is letting me know he doesn't like this plan and is begging for dry food constantly.  But he needs to lose weight and this allows me to have set meal times and know what he's eating.  Mea will have food available whenever she wants it as she needs to gain a lot still.  Yes she is still hanging in there.  Amazingly as soon as I decided to let her go she had a rebound.  Not sure why and she is still not grooming, can't jump up, but is getting down from places and trying to get on my lap in the evening.  Any way, she has food down where she can get it and Snickers can't.  They get canned food in the morning and raw at dinner time.  I'll work on switching the dog over once we have used up some of the dry stuff we have, and figure out whether I really want to or not, he doesn't have any obvious health issues at this point and so is less of a priority.

No comments: