Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July colds

Kiddo is still at my parent's place. He isn't feeling very well, apparently he has quite the runny nose and wasn't eating much yesterday. They were supposed to go camping but once at the camp site he complained of feeling sick so they came home. I think it was probably a good thing as the weather was quite hot and humid where they were camping, and I doubt any sleep would have been had. My mom asked me what he likes when he is sick, and she is taking good care of him, of course! I mean she took good care of me when I was little and sick. I know he's fine, but of course I'm mama! I can't really go get him though, I'd have to miss some work and it's quite busy, and I know he's fine so there isn't really a reason to. Plus driving that far when sick is not likely very much fun. He seems to be doing better today, I'll get another update once he's asleep I'm sure!

Facebook has this feature that shows you what you posted on this day in previous years, apparently Jackson is sick quite often at this time of year! Weird right? It is pretty cool to see these things though. I notice a few trends in his illnesses, which for some reason I post about a lot.

I have not been doing as much as I had planned in terms of cleaning and organizing. I seem to be really good at procrastinating. Really good. I am hoping to get most of it done before he comes home, but realistically, I am not good at this. I want to rearrange his bedroom, and will do that on Saturday. I've got some books moved to the basement, and the old play doh is gone, but the rest of the toys... I don't really even know where to start! He has so many toys. I think I need help, but not sure how to do that either. I'm sure I'll get some of it done. I wish I had a full day off to work on it, evenings I am just tired from work and want to do nothing.

Speaking of work, I am replacing my director's executive assistance and it is a lot of fun. I really enjoy being involved in so much that is going on. There are some things I'm not as keen on, but overall this type of thing is great. Of course it helps that my director is pretty awesome, he knows his stuff and is on top of things, plus he's friendly, and he seems to enjoy his job. I do not think I ever want to be at that level though, he works a lot, I get emails on weekends, in the evening, he's obviously busy and I like to leave work at work.

I haven't been able to get to the doctor this week either! So now it will probably have to wait until August, when I am off, and can go when Jackson is at daycare. I'll make sure he spends some time there, he wants to go on the field trips any way. I guess it gives me more time to take my supplements, and keep up with the yoga (which I haven't done at all this week!). I haven't been sleeping well this week either, not sure if that is because kiddo is not here or what. I think I need new pillows or something. I had hoped to catch up on sleep a bit, but I guess not! Perhaps this weekend, since I won't go get him until Sunday.


No comments: