Friday, July 22, 2016

Waiting plans

I messaged the ladies in my local SMC group about how long it take to get in to the fertility clinic, and apparently it can be 6 weeks. Or more. I really should have started this sooner! In any case, I can't "sit still" while I wait so I have a bit of a plan. Since I will be on holidays in one week (oh I can't wait!) I only have one more normal week before I can relax a bit. I've been good about my vitamins, and I will be eating more vegetables starting now, but my other plans will wait for vacation.

My first goal for my 6 weeks off work are to get an average of 8 hours of sleep a night. I use a fitbit and it tracks my sleep so this should be easy to tell. I hope to be in bed by 10 most nights and will get up at 6:30 (or 7) in order to do a 20 to 30 minute workout (second goal!).  Goal three is to get 10K steps a day at least 5 days a week on vacation, though since we may go for bike rides and the fitbit can't count those as steps it may not work out quite that way. And fourth goal, I will be giving up coffee. Gulp. Except that I may have an occasional iced coffee because they are so yummy!! I hope to give up the tea I normally use to replace the coffee, and drink herbal teas instead.

My hope is that in 6 weeks I can lose 10+ pounds. I will be doing a 30 day yoga boot camp, it's online so I should be able to stream it to the tv and hopefully it starts out easy enough to keep me going. I think the yoga, better sleep, no coffee and more vegetables will allow me to feel rested and healthier. I sometimes get very tired, and yet wired. I can't sleep well even when I'm exhausted. I read things about adrenal fatigue, which could be completely made up, but which makes me feel like I could do something about this.

All this should let me help my body, get good test results, and be in a good mental space to move forward. I hope this will also build some momentum to allow me to continue when work starts up again in September. Though in order to keep the 8 hours of sleep, I will have to go bed much earlier since I have to get up so much earlier.

I hope we don't take too long to get a good rhythm going in the summer, with swimming lessons the first two weeks, and our only real plans to hit up as many splash pads as possible. Lots of time at parks, going for walks, bike rides, and of course playing in the nice air conditioned comfort of home. We will probably head to my parent's place for at least a few days before the summer ends and school starts up again.

For my last week of work I need to take my lunch daily. I had bought some really nice salad dressing at a local store but for some reason between buying it and getting home I lost it! I'm so sad because it wasn't cheap and I won't go buy another bottle any time soon. I have my good old stand by but I was looking forward to this stuff. Oh well, perhaps it'll turn up somewhere. Or I'll let it go.

No comments: