Sunday, July 3, 2016

Long summer weekend

Wednesday was Jackson's last day of Grade 1. He was a bear that morning so I didn't get a last day of school picture, and it was a rough start to the day. It ended better than it began so that was nice. I took Thursday off so we could go down to my parent's for the long weekend. He stayed up late to watch the fire works, which he wasn't impressed by (too loud) and then was very grumpy Friday from not getting enough sleep.

Friday he watched the parade, and we got some ice cream. Then he played outside a lot, and was a bit over tired. It was a nice day though, and he was in bed and asleep early.  Yesterday we went to get him a sleeping bag for his big camping trip with my dad. We then went into town and had lunch, then went to Walmart. My parents bought me stuff (practical stuff, like dish washer soap and tissues). He was in a much better mood and played quite late outside. Had a bath and then was in bed and sleeping.

Today I came home! The cats are very happy to see me, Jackson was getting a little upset when I was leaving but I know he's fine. Apparently he hasn't stopped eating all day. He'd had two breakfasts before I left. I now have a week alone. I plan to clean up the toys, organize and store some. I'd also like to fix up the basement a bit so he can play down there some. Though he says he is too scared to play down there. We'll see I guess!

I plan to watch lots of netflix, and grown up tv (no cartoons!). I will also do some yoga, and hopefully a few good workouts as well. I wanted to go to the doctor to see about a referral, but I can't get an appointment after work so I'd need to take time off work, which I can't really do this week. But perhaps I can get to work early and leave early one day. I hate to wait until August for that step, then it will take that much longer to get to the testing.

One of the ladies in my local SMC group just had her second little boy. He first is 7, so around the same age Jackson would be. She fought long and hard for that second baby, something I'm not sure I'd do quite as much. I'm looking forward to the August get together, I think there will be a few mom's with more than one, and I plan to ask some questions! And hopefully by then I'll have some tests done and know where I stand.

No comments: