Friday, July 29, 2016

Ah vacation!

Today was my last day at work for 6 weeks. I am so happy to be getting a break. Jackson is also excited. I hope he sleeps in tomorrow but I know he will at some point soon, it usually takes him a few days to relax into it. He's allowed to stay up a bit later as well, for now. I will have to take him to daycare a few days. I have an ultrasound for my possible hernia, and need to get blood work done. I am also hoping to get an appointment at the fertility clinic, but apparently that may not happen any time soon. I will call them next week to make sure they got the referral.

I have told Jackson that I may need to tell him I need a time out somedays, that I like to spend time alone (on my computer according to him...) so I will need some of that when we are on vacation together in order to be a good mommy. I think he understood, and I hope I can recognize when I need that time before I blow up, rather than when I've reached the end of my rope.

I will be trying to avoid too much time on the computer and technology. I'd like him to avoid too much TV as well. We'll see how well that goes! I know the first couple days will be much like a regular weekend. It will take us a few days to relax, it always does! I do hope I can remember to allow myself to enjoy the moments. I think that the length of time off will help me with that.

My plans are fairly simple, get enough sleep, eat more vegetables, be more active. We are not going anywhere, except possibly to my parent's at the end of the vacation. We will hang out at home some, go for a few nature walks, check out the local splash pads, and just generally try to have fun.

I've really enjoyed work the past few weeks. I have been working directly for my director as his executive assistant. I think if it was a different person it would not have been as good but he is very honest, open and allowed me some free reign with what needed to be done. I like being in the know, and seeing all the parts that come together instead of just one little bit of it. I have been told I'm "in training" to be a manager. Which is nice I suppose. There is a language component I am missing, but the opportunity for language training if I can show I am ready to be in that type of position. The problem I have is I am not sure I want it.

When I got my last promotion I wanted it. I knew I could do it, and I knew I could do as well as those who had that type of position before me. I am good at it too. I enjoy it. I am not sure I would like the added responsibilities of being in charge of other people. I mean I love power of course :-) but I don't think I want the job of staying late, working from home, being tied to a blackberry, doing extra work and dealing with people who annoy me. I'm just not that type of person. Ultimately, I think I would choose my family, another child, over the extra money and work. I mean of course extra money would be nice, but not worth my happiness, my child's happiness.

No comments: