Sunday, July 10, 2016

Kiddo is home

Well vacation is over :-)  He's home! I did not get nearly as much done as I wanted to but his room is reorganized and I think it looks good. He is happy to be home. He looked like he was going to cry when he saw me at the restaurant. He gave me a hug. He talked non-stop on the way home from there, except when he was close to falling asleep. Thankfully he did not fall asleep so that was good. He came back with two boxes of treats. Big boxes filled with Froot Loops, nutri grain bars, kool aid, freezies... and some cheese and radishes for me. He is now eating one of those freezies which are not quite frozen any more. But I guess they still taste good!

He seems to be in a good mood, I guess his sleep stores are replenished. He said that Nanny taught him it is good to pick up one type of toys before bringing out anther, and then to clean them all up at the end of the day before bed. You know, things I've been nagging after for years! But now he's going to do it because "everyone" agrees it's a good idea. Uh huh. We'll see how it lasts but I guess I'll cross my fingers!

I have a lot of cleaning and decluttering to do, especially since the houses I am looking at buying are smaller than this place, with a lot less room for boxes of stuff. Stuff I'm not quite sure about any more. We shall have to clean up the basement, which is a big project! There is a lot of stuff down there, it's where things get put when they aren't quite ready for the garbage but we don't really want them any more. I think some of the stuff down there will have to go in the garbage even if it isn't really garbage, I'm just not sure I can face trying to sell it or donate it.

The one place I think I've settled on buying is small, it's only two bedrooms. So I'm not sure it's really the best option if I want to have another baby. And there is no yard, but there is a balcony at least. I am terrible at yard work, I hate mowing the lawn, or gardening. I get big ideas but they fail to happen when I get overwhelmed by the actual steps. So I don't really want a yard, and if we are close to even a small park I think that would be enough. We barely use the yard we have here. Even when he had a play structure back there, he hardly used it. So it seems like a waste of money, $50K more at least to get a small yard, plus put a fence in. Ugh. I am looking at homes that are below what I think I'll be able to afford. I want to keep my mortgage etc as low as possible, so if that means buying something smaller I will probably do that. But I'm still wondering about schools, do I keep him here (and spend more on a home) to stay in the same school and daycare, or buy something cheaper, with a new school and hope we get a good before/after school situation. It's hard!

I haven't made it to the doctor yet but will at least in August, I have the time off and can send him to daycare at least for awhile so I can go during the day. It's hard to get evening or weekend appointments. Hopefully I'll be able to get the referral done, get the referral appointment and go for the blood work, before I go back to work. And hopefully my union finally signs a contract instead of talking about it (for 4 years now). That back pay will pay for a lot... even after they take half for taxes!

I'm happy my kid is home. TV has not yet been turned on. He's playing some toys. He made an aircraft carrier at my parents from some wood and cardboard. It is now a dock at the beach for his jet ski and kayak. I love his imagination. And his talking, it's non-stop. Certainly adds some noise! Hopefully I will be able to sleep better tonight now that he is home.

No comments: