Thursday, July 21, 2016

Nerves

I had booked an appointment with my family doctor for next Monday after work, to ask for the referral to the local fertility clinic. They called this morning to say that the doctor won't be in the office Monday so I have to move the appointment! I asked about today, and ended up going at lunch time. The asking for the referral was quick and easy, he said "I see you want to discuss your fertility, are you trying to get pregnant?" To which I replied "well I'm single so I kind of need that referral before I can try". Ok then. No problem! Now to wait and see how long it takes to get seen. I am hoping not too long as my period is about to start, and if I want to catch the next one for the Day 3 blood work it can't take that long to get in, right?? 


My doctor also asked if there was anything else, then went over all the stuff I said I'd do 3 years ago but didn't :-) like a pap test, and blood work, and a tetanus shot... so now I have to get all that done soon as well. I also asked about what I think is a hernia from my gallbladder removal, and he got me a requisition for an ultrasound. I booked that appointment already, and will do the rest when I get home. Well, the pap and tetanus any way. Blood work I just need to go in fasting, which I will do one day in August that kiddo goes to daycare. Since it's just "regular" blood work it will be testing for all the usual stuff like cholesterol and blood sugars, I am sure cholesterol will be high, and am praying the blood sugars are fine. I am considering doing low carb for a few weeks in preparation... but we'll see if I manage that! I know I need to take better care of myself in general, and am trying to do that, in small steps.


I was a little sad to see my weight, yet another good reason to do the low carb thing, but excited to hear the nurse say I'm half an inch taller than I thought. I suspect she was rounding?  Not sure! Any way. I know the fertility clinic will want me to try and lose weight, I am in the obese category. So I will be continuing to work on that. I know what to do, doing it is the hard part! I am going to get some extra vegetables on my way home from work today, and start with that. I know I need to give up coffee, but am planning to do that when I start my holidays, so one more week of the good stuff then I'll drop it, and switch to herbal teas and such.


I've been taking my CoQ10, and vitamins, just realized the vitamin I bought thinking it was a prenatal is not, so once it's gone I'll need a better one. I am taking another calcium/magnesium/zinc so that is covered, and a B-complex, so I am getting folic acid, but am sure I'm not getting enough iron and probably other things. I'll fix that once this bottle is gone, should only be a couple weeks. I suppose I could check the expiry date and if it's long enough I could put those away and get some prenatals for now, use the regular ones up later. I am debating adding in Maca, which I have sitting on a shelf and have used in protein shakes for breakfast, but I don't really like the taste of it. I also would like to add myo-inositol, but it's expensive! So that one has to wait for pay day. I think that covers everything though, for now any way!


Jackson has been doing well at daycare, he seems to be enjoying it more. And I am attempting to maintain my calm when he's tired and cranky. Just to remember that he is a kid. It is interesting, and I think I am doing well at times, then other times I feel like I've lost it. But I go back to how I felt in the middle of the night when he was almost 2 and he still wanted me to soothe him, it doesn't last! And it didn't last, and now some nights I miss those middle of the night rocking sessions with my baby. They do grow up so fast. I'm sure soon enough he won't want me to put him to bed at night and will want to do it on his own.

No comments: