Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekends

We had a good weekend. Yesterday was very busy, we did more in the day than we normally would, but it was fun. Today was not as busy, we hung out at home for the morning, which let me get the laundry done, then went for a hike at the conservation area, then off to the splash pad where Jackson took awhile to get over the cold water, and then ended up soaked. He had fun and decided when it was time to go, which is always a bonus, when leaving is his idea. I hope next weekend lives up to the same experience, though we have no plans yet. I'm sure we'll come up with something. We really have one more weekend until vacation starts, two weeks of work. I'm sure we'll make it! Lots of fun field trips at daycare which is a bonus.

Still debating on what type of home to look at. Every time I think I've decided I'll change my mind. Of course I still need to get my new contract and all the money that comes with it in order to really buy anything. And honestly the place we rent is fine. It's more space than we need of course, and the back yard needs some work (like getting the fence fixed which the landlord is getting lots of quotes to do). I could do more here, and I know we need to get rid of some "stuff" that has collected. It's 3 bedrooms, one of which we don't really use. My parents did stay with us when they had their dog but they now stay with my sister because I have 3 cats and they say they are allergic.

I guess the next few months will help decide if I need 3 bedrooms. Though I think even if I have another child they can share a room. Perhaps it will be awkward when Jackson gets older, but I can always look at moving up then, in 7 or 8 years? Perhaps. I did make an appointment with my family doctor to get a referral. That appointment is Monday the 25th. It was the first one at a late enough time I only need to miss 30 minutes of work and can make that up, or use some sick leave or something. I am not sure how long the referral will take.

My plan is to do up to 3 IUIs, medicated if necessary. But that will of course depend on the test results. I know that Ontario now has covered IVF, up to age 43 (I think) and it's a one shot deal. The clinic I will be going to has a waiting list for it, of course. I believe it's about 9 months from getting on the waiting list to getting to the starting stage. So it is perhaps an option. I'm just not sure if I want to go through that. But I guess I will see as I go along. I'm excited to (finally!) take the first step. I also hope to chat with some ladies with two (or more) at the next SMC get together in August. By then I will hopefully have had my first referral appointment and have gotten the blood work done.

I'm trying to keep up my yoga, and exercise, trying to eat well. That is often hard but I think I am making better choices. I am looking forward to my holidays though, to getting some extra sleep, to being able to relax a little bit. And also to cleaning, tossing stuff. Perhaps making this place a little more my own, even knowing I will hopefully be moving next summer.

No comments: